Wednesday, September 21, 2011

LITERATURE FESTIVAL & VOLUNTEERING

I am volunteering for the Word on the Street on Sunday, September 25 at Queen’s Park in Toronto, Ontario from 11am to 6pm. It is the biggest book and magazine festival with over 200,000 visitors. You get to meet authors, people from the publishing industry and get a chance to buy books personally signed by your favorite writers.

My daughter needs to obtain volunteer hours for her to graduate and since we are both a lover of writing and books, I thought this festival would be a great chance for her to earn her hours doing something she loves.

I volunteered to work with the vendors from the publishing industry and my daughter volunteered to work with the festival vendors and authors. This is our first year and we don’t know what to expect but we are excited about being a part of a large literary program in the city. Comfortable shoes, prepared for working outside and a positive and fun attitude is a combination of what we need for the festival.

The Word on the Street is a great way to promote literature because I don’t think people read enough. I have four bookshelves of fiction, non-fiction and magazines and I still think I don’t have enough reading material! I love reading as it propels me to other worlds.

Come join us. For more information, go to

No comments:

Post a Comment